Thursday, September 21, 2017

Where is Chocolate Bunny Store going?

This December 24th Chocolate Bunny Store is turning four years! And in these (almost) four years I haven't been more serious about this: a mexican small business.

I used to be very shy to show my nationality, I don't want to say I was ashamed but yes, I was--just to be clear, I am not anymore, I love my country with its problems, but I love more the roots of it, the culture and the amazing diversity.

This year I started to study fashion design and I saw myself in the need to be on a runway, which theme was to make a garment about Mexico (to celebrate the independence and revolution). It was a bit hard to find something unique, and let me say, I am not proud of my design, I think I still had at the time some influences. Even, I believe the theme I selected was a nice one, one of the main problems in this country: the identity crisis.

The simple act of researching about the Spanish conquest and pre-hispanic culture, made me think of what we actually have. I don't want to enter into details of my research, because that's not the topic of today's post.

After I made my design, I realized I wanted to let this small business grow here and to be well known as (maybe) the first kawaii Mexican boutique. 

I want to add amazing designs, inspired in the beauty of the enviroment; just like Carla Fernández, to let artisans make a living of their work and to have factories all around Mexico, letting a lot of people to have jobs and to stop them to leave Mexico or to go to the city to find a job.

Yes, what I've just said sounds big, and I'll need to make a lot of things before I get to that.

But let me get into something smaller, by making this question: 

What's first?

Something CBS is well-known about--or at least that's what I want to think--is that it's more focused on personalized plus size garments. By saying this, let me tell you, my bunnies, that this shop will be dedicated to plus size only.

That's one of the first steps. I plan to make a whole size chart for these people.

For this year and the next to come, at least, I plan to go to festivals to introduce myself, my work and my shop. 

Next is to dedicate my time to make new collections, and in the meantime, I'll open a workshop and hire a team of seamstresses, pattern-makers and possibly designers that will dedicate their time to cut and sew, while I design and check. After this, I may contact the first factory.

Maybe you're wondering when's going to happen? My answer is that I have these two and a half years to work with this small plan. So, let's begin!

I am sincerely very glad you've bought something from this shop, and I thank you so much for supporting me.

Remember that anything you buy from here, is a ticket to go further.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment