Monday, January 1, 2018

The Plus Size Alternative Fashion

I'd like first to thank you all for the amazing 2017, you really helped me to understand a lot more about plus size fashion and the actual struggle for this type of body. I also undertand that there's not that much shops for these girls and it really concerns me. I've seen some plus size garments at malls and, well, not my style nor I like them. At the same time, I've been thinking about the (maybe) controversy plus size fashion can bring me.

A lot of people may see plus size fashion as something unnecessary since it is wrong being fat (like you choose being like that). But let me tell you, yes, I do care about health issues but it's not my bussiness to be asking every plus size people why they're fat or that they shouldn't. What I do care is why they don't deserve cute clothing, like it was a sect being part of the smaller sizes side.

As a designer, I need to take care of my customers and listen to their needs; and that's exactly what I did with this survey

I asked a bunch of questions about their personal preferences and some measurement's information. And let me tell you, even if I only had 56 answers (which is a small amount), it really helps me.

Would you like to see the stats? 

The 53.6% of the people who answered said they are 20 - 25 years old, the 32.1% are 150 - 160 cm and 160 - 170 cm tall (something like 4'11" - 5'3" and 5'3" - 5'7"). 

The 67.9% doesn't have any brand (which I'd like to call the mainstream brand). The girls who have are between Angelic Pretty and Metamorphose (61.1%), BTSSB stays in second (55.6%) and Bodyline third (50%). Some brands they've mention are Lief, Innocent Wold (whoops, forgot to add it myself), Infanta, Strawberry Witch (charming name!), Lady Sloth and "many brands from China/TaoBao", being the main reason "they manage my desired size" (44.4%).

For the girls who doesn't have any brand, 78.9% said it it very expensive, followed by my breast, waist and hips won't fit, "emphasizing that I don't fit into most brands"  and one I found very impressive "I'm a guy."

There were also some interesting answers after I asked "what fashion are you into?" where, most of answers said they were into Lolita (94.6%), and other mentioned this alt. fashion I didn't know  (menhera). But mainly, pastel colors and vintage-classic are the top for these people. At the same time, 67.9% said pastel colors are the ones they prefer.

This is where the things came up interesting: 50% of these people prefer dresses over skirts, blouses and pants or shorts, and like this, when they're shopping, what they see first are the sizes (48.2%), where the main theme of these garments is food and desserts (30.4%), followed by kawaii drawings (21.4%) and animals and nature (17.9%).

Being this the last question of the survey, I asked something they wanted to say to me and I got some cute encouraging messages, but there was one I thought needed to be mentioned:

There's never cute clothing aimed for boys.

I feel you, my darling, and I'm thinking about boys too, because I know you're not the only one out there seeing the cute girl's clothing and wishing there was a boy version of it. 

I'll do it, so don't worry!

Finally, since this is not a very professional post, what I can say about these answers is that a lot of you are struggling with sizes and finding something cute and affordable may be impossible to find. But let me tell you, I'll try my best to give you that item you always looked for.

With all this information I can assure I'll keep this year a lot more busy than I've ever did. So don't miss a thing and keep following me for more news! Sure you'll find new posts more often.

Just like I said at the beginning of the post, thank you so much for making the 2017 a new experience! I'll do my best to keep working for you.

Happy New Year 2018, my best wishes for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment